I am currently working with Aviation Art. Other subjects include English and American Landscapes and portraits. I have also done Western Art in the past.
I am a lifelong resident of Allegany County, Maryland. I worked with the State of Maryland Court system for 37 years and retired in 2013. I am self taught with no formal training.
I have participated in the following shows/displays:
- Art For Giving - Country Club Mall (numerous yearly shows)
- Lane Center - Frostburg State University (One Man Show)
- Roper Gallery - Frostburg State University (One Man Show)
- Allegany College of Maryland - Student Center (One Man Show)
- Heritage Days (numerous yearly shows)
- Numerous Juried Art shows with the Allegany Area Art Alliance. I am a Viet Nam era veteran and have also had work displayed in England and Germany during that time.
I love to paint exactly "what I see." I love realism. I have, as far back as I can remember, always enjoyed painting and drawing. I can remember in Grade School doing sketches for other students and "selling" them for a nickel! When my mother passed away I found out that she had kept my very first painting after all those years. I still have it now. Now that I am retired I intend to devote more time with my painting, along with my passion for cycling on the Great Allegheny Passage.