The Greater Cumberland Raceway

The Greater Cumberland Raceway is located on Moss Avenue off Route 220 in Cumberland Maryland. The Allegany County Fairgrounds opened in October of 1924. The grounds sit along the Potomac River, known as Fairgo, beneath the scenic beautiful cliffs of Knobley Mountain.

 

For the first 40 years the fairground was used for horse racing, it wasn't until 1967 that it hosted stock car racing. Stock car and USAC Sprint car races were added to the schedule with drivers such as Mario Andretti and other famous drivers blistering up the track.

 

The Allegany County Fairgrounds already has a core of activities for the citizens of Allegany County to enjoy. We are glad to announce that once again, starting in 2017, racing fans will be delighted to enjoy the revved up engines of stock car racing on Saturday nights at the fairgrounds.

Phone: 301-729-5050 Address: 11490 Moss Avenue
Cumberland, MD 21502
Email: todd@thegreatercumberlandraceway.com Web: www.thegreatercumberlandraceway.com