Tourism Reinvestment Marketing Grant
Allegany County Tourism is allocating $25,000 towards the Tourism Reinvestment Marketing Grant program for FY20, July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. The grant is made possible through the Hotel/Motel Tax collection through the county’s lodging partners. The deadline to apply for this grant is Friday, May 31, 2019, at 4:00 PM. This is a pilot program, and awards will be granted on the basis of merit, as determined by an Allegany County Tourism Grant Review Committee.
The purpose of this grant program is to enhance the tourism experience, increase overnight stays in Allegany County, Maryland, and increase visitor spending in-county. The Allegany County Tourism Reinvestment Marketing Grant is intended to enhance and grow the tourism products and destination awareness in Allegany County, Maryland. Grants will be awarded to marketing and promotion focused projects, which aim to reach audiences through media outlets and product development projects. Preference will be given to applicants that demonstrate project reach to visitors outside of Allegany County and who are inclined to stay overnight.
- Eligibility is limited to 501(c)(3) and 501 (c)(6) organizations whose programs/operations assist in the promotion of Allegany County as a premier tourism destination and attract visitors from outside the county.
- Grant amounts requested must be a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $2,500.
- Attractions, projects, and/or events supported by the grant program must be located and/or take place in Allegany County, Maryland.
- Applicants must complete the grant application documents in full and by the deadline. Any application that does not adhere to this will be disqualified.
- There is no match required for this grant, however, grant projects that demonstrate a commitment of other funding support will score better when evaluated for Project Budget, Leverage, and Timeline.
- Printing and/or design for brochures, rack cards, and/or marketing collateral
- Advertising – Print, radio, TV, and digital outlets (i.e. social media, web banner and/or sponsored content)
- Billboard Advertising
- Trade Show registration (event must take place at least 50 miles outside of county)
- Interpretive Signage
- Collateral Distribution
Grant Program Timeline
- May 6 - May 31, 2019 - Application Open
- May 31, 2019 - Application Deadline
- June 2019 - Applications Reviewed by Grant Review Committee
- July 1, 2019 (On or around) - Grant Awards Released
- June 30, 2020 - Final Grant Report Due